Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Saturday, April 20, 2013

HTC One brief

I got annoyed when trying to get my new phone from Sprint. I did not understand why they needed my Facebook account or my Dropbox account to set up the phone. I don't know the passwords, so I took the phone home. Turns out there is a giant Facebook widget you can not get rid of. Lame!

Looks like the phone uses DropBox to backup the phone. Got 23 GB for 24 months free. Do I get charged for the space after 24 months? Lame!

After a year of using the pure Android experience on the Nexus 7, I can feel the differences. Mostly minor.

Google Voice integrated with Sprint! Voicemail now handled by Voice. Hopefully Google does not kill this product.

Fortunately you can create a custom Home screen so you do not have to see that Facebook widget. Overall, I like it.

I was a bit annoyed I could not figure out how to get Google Now, then I found it! Sweet.

First Smartphone for me. I think I can get used to it. Basically it is my PDA with a phone app and data connectivity. With the case, I got from Otter box, it feels a bit bulky, but I think I'll be able to use my Jabra clip when I commute or walk about. Should be just fine.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

That sounds cool. I'm still loving my Nexus 4 but I think I will check out an HTC next chance I get just to compare.

Do you still have a Nexus 7 too?

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Unfortunately no. I do not have a Nexus 7 anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home