Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Friday, July 01, 2005

Schneier on Security: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Security Countermeasures

I have often thought why people advertise what security system they have. If that system can be broken, others of the same type might break just the same.

I have also thought to just put a sign up to scare potential threats away. Just like a scare crow.

I had the FBI symbol in my door window for a long time. I thought it was funny, but I wondered if it ever scared anyone off or if I'd get busted for advertising like that.

See: Schneier on Security: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Security Countermeasures: "A burglar who sees evidence of an alarm system is more likely to go rob the house next door. As far as the local police station is concerned, this doesn't mitigate the risk at all. But for the homeowner, it mitigates the risk just fine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home