Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

In the Navy

I went to a Navy recruiting office in high school. I assumed they wouldn't take me, and initially they didn't.

I was rather surprised to get a call back a few days later. Maybe there was something I could do.

I'm not sure why, but I like big ships. I m sure I would have been stuck on a small ship and it would no have been a pleasure cruise.

I never found out where I might have turned up. Probably Afghanistan.

The call back was to gauge the seriousness of going on a Church mission.  After I told the recruiter chances were pretty good, I never heard from them again.

I'm too old now, but I often wonder how different things would be had I gone down that path.

I worked on a damage control system a few years ago. I did a lot of R&D work in Visual Basic. I think there is one feature I solely worked on that made it into the final build.

Last I heard the software was deployed onto the USS Ronald Reagan. I thought that was as close as I would get to getting on a carier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home