Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Friday, February 17, 2017

Long lives the Enterprise

I just learned the USS Enterprise (Enterprise class aircraft carrier) was decommissioned earlier this month. I also learned that a Ford class carrier will be called the Enterprise in 2025.

I did a post on which Enterprise came first. It was on my old blog so I can't link to it. Maybe on some way-back or archive of the Internet.

Anyway, there was an wooden ship in the royal Navy called the HMS Enterprise. I believe the US Navy had a couple ships over the years bearing the name Enterprise. There was even a space shuttle of the same name.

Of course in the the Star Trek world, the Federation's flagship is called the Enterprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home