Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Movies in Heaven

I could not find the exact quote or maybe this is it and I just misremember it. Anyway the quote comes from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn with regards to heaven. "all a body would have to do there was to go around all day long with a harp and sing, forever and ever. "

The other day the discussion diverged in to one about life after death. It came almost out of nowhere. One question I was asked is if we would have the same jobs.

I knew the guy worked with computers and I wasn't sure he thought very highly of it or was wondering if he could change things up. I also wondered if there would be better technology then we can imagine today.

I'm not omniscient or all knowing, so it would be in my best interest to have some database or contact list to keep track of everybody I know or meet. Also, some type of Wikipedia-like database would also be very useful.

Maybe we will have similar jobs. But I decided to be flippant and deflect the question. I proceeded to quote Mark Twain and explain my lack of musical ability.

The guy responded to the possibility of playing harps and singing praises all day would be a miserable existence. And I could not have agreed more.

He then asked if there going to be movies to watch.

"That I'm not exactly sure of."

I then proceed to quote, or most likely misquote, the passage in Doctrine and Covenants section 130. about there being same socialities which exists among us here will exist among us there. I followed it up with my own interpretation.

"What does that mean exactly? To people who lived in the 1800's might have a whole different idea about this than say us in the 21st century."

The footnote in the actual verse refers to family relationships so i may have totally messed that one up. Oh well, I still would rather not play harps and sing all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home