Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Climbing the ladder

The other day I was asked by a recruiter if I was ready to take the next step in my career. Also somebody at work was talking about different careers paths and stages government employees would take. Or should take.

Everyone has heard the phrase climbing the corporate ladder. Basically it means the time and energy one would put into getting a raise, getting a better position, or getting a better job.

In answer to the recruiter's question, I thought, I don't want really want to climb the ladder. In fact, I want to buy the ladder. I want to invest in people that make the ladder.

If the ladder is made of wood, I want to invest in the logging company. I want to listen to the lumber yard. I want to invest in the carpenters who build the ladder. I want to invest in people that make the nails the carpenters use.

If the latter is metal, I want to invest in the factory that assembles the ladder, I want to invest in the minning company that gets the ore out of the ground.

I want to invest in the transportation company that takes the ledders to the different places in the world. I want to invest in  the energy that powers these transports.

Need a new ladder? A taller one perhaps? I can sell you one. Or at least the warehouse or home improvement chain I invested in can.

On top of all that, I want to invest in the companies where people are trying to climb all these ladders.

By all means, climb the ladder. Thank you for doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home