Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Uber economy of scale

The other day I found myself weighing the options of going to dinner then going over to the theatre or going home first, eating dinner than Ubering over to the theatre. I decided to go home first. It was a cheaper, more convenient option.

Is Ubering a word now?

With more Uber cars on the road, the better it is for the Uber company and it’s customers. Probably not the drivers though.

Sometimes I feel bad when I call for an Uber within view of a line of taxis. Or when I’m riding by a cab while in a car with an Uber sticker in the window. Other times, I’m rather elated. Most of the time, I don’t even think about it.

I thought it was fairly cool to get a female driver the other day, but I admit I’d rather have a ride in an autonomous car. Today, the driver wanted to talk, I just wanted him to drive. I am not completely rude, so I talked.

I tried the carpool option for the first time. I figured there was a good chance nobody wanted to pool with me in the middle of the day. Especially where I was going, home, right down the interstate for a couple miles.


Anyway, the conversation turned to work. Mostly about his dwindling number of daily passengers. And here I was, skimming money off my fare with the cheaper carpool option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home