Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Curling up with a good book

My sister once told me that she knows when she is getting too involved with a book: when she catches herself praying for the characters.

Well, I have never done that. Not yet, I suppose.

A good book is hard to find. There are a ton of average books. A good series is even harder. Occasionally, I'm pleased with a random book I pick up at the library. Other times a good book is refereed to me.

I started listening to a few Oregon Files books I had listened to before. I like the style of Clive Cussler's books and the reader, Scott Brick, can make an innocuous sentence sound intriguing.

Anyway, I knew the scene was coming up where a crew member was going to die but it was still very sad. I felt like I'd been a part of all their adventures as if I was part of the crew.

I'm in about 6 chapters into another adventure of the crew of the Oregon. Honestly, only bits and pieces are recalled as I continue. It's like reading a new book. Sweet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home