Michael's Blogger Shower

Welcome to my Google sponsored shower! I like to spout out the thoughts jumbled in my head, My original blog no longer exists.If you want to be able to post comments, contact me. :)

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Out of sight, out of mind

One year a roommate of mine sent out an email to meet up at the Cheesecake Factory. The email was to a Yahoo! group if I remember correctly. We wanted to see who would show. It was quite a surprise this known, directionally impaired lady friend walked through the door.

When I asked her how she got there, I learned she had a car now. When I asked again, she told me she had a GPS gadget too.

On the way out of the restaurant, I asked her if she recalled where she parked. She did not so I offered to help. We walked around a bit until she recognized anything familiar. In the car, the GPS device could not acquire a signal for a few minutes. This was years before I had a smartphone, so I was left with what I knew about the area.

I found it funny a visually impaired person was navigating for a directionally impaired person. We got home, so it worked out.

Every now and then when I went to events, some people would be surprised to see me and offered a ride home. Some times I felt upset and wanted to ask them where they were before I took public transportation or what not to get there.

Several people had offered rides upon request, but I forgot who had offered what and I don't like bugging people all the time.

Anyway, once a friend told me that when I was out of sight, I was out of mind.

Wow, I reeled. That explained what I figured most people thought. And this from a friend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home